- Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha is an institute dedicated to serve mentally disabled children, whom the organization refers to as "differently-abled" children. Supporting Asha chapters - Athens, NYCNJ, Silicon Valley.
- Supports 93 children, and 21 teachers
- Directly reaches 114 individuals annually
- Project Type Children With Disabilities in rural Maharashtra. Supported by Asha since March 2006
- More details on this project - budget documents and a recent visit summary - can be found on the Asha Website
Sandnya Sanwardhan Sanstha provides service to 98 children who fall under 5 levels of mental disability - ranging from borderline to profound. Profoundly retarded children need 1-on-1 attention for them to do their daily tasks (like brushing their teeth, eating, etc.). More than 13 children in SSS fall under this category. The Institute provides a range of services to the children, depending on their needs. These are: Special Education, Speech Therapy, Physiotherapy, Music Therapy, Parents and Sibling Training, Learning through cultural programs, Sports and Yoga, Home-based training, Public Awareness, Vocational Training Rehabilitation, Parent Relief Center. Mr Navin Deshpande of Sanndya recently gave a talk at Asha Athens. You can watch the recording here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6lE6Os6aw Currently, Asha Athens, Asha Portland and Asha NYC/NJ support this project. Sharda Sheshabhattar is the NYC/NJ steward of this project.